Make Money As a Rapper

So you wanna make money as a rapper. Well the industry has changed and as much as people say it's saturated, you can still make quite a bit of money. There is no lack involved and there's not too many rappers, so eliminate these thoughts from your mind. One of the mistakes that I see in the industry is rappers only want to be rappers. The way you sustain your career as a rapper has to do with you using rap as a crutch. You simply lean on it, but don't think that it will keep you in your old age. Very few people have hits 10 or 15 years into their career.

The best way to keep yourself entitled to being in the industry is to do something else. I've figured out the way you make money before you get famous is to do something else. Since I've become a rapper, I've published a local magazine (This gets your name out there in print while you sell ads and make money.) I've also produced independent films starring national comedians and rappers. (This gets your face known so you can brand yourself and your label while making good money promoting others.) I've done a ton of things to get my name out there. Perhaps the most diligent one I did was write a street fiction novel. (This was to put my name in print all over the world.) All of these have caused me to make money as a rapper. After doing so many other things, building a name and brand that others know- you'll now be able to sell your music.

OK Here's the Eye Opener, Brace Yourself.

If you are serious about making money, first you need to realize that working a 9 to 5 won't allow you to make much money as a rapper. Think about it, everyone has twenty- four hours in a day right. Right!

Let's say you spend 12 hrs being a shoe salesman. You spend six hours asleep and six hours being a rapper a day. Do you see what is happening? You are having an identity problem. I was the same way. I did this for years before I realized how it worked. I quit my job a few years ago and became a rapper and author on purpose. I know you gotta pay the bills right. Don't let that stop you.

Consider this question: What would you do if you had to come up with $3500 a month for the next three months or you would be thrown in prison for the rest of your natural life? Think about it! I doubt if you would come up short on this money.

That's how it is when you're in entertainment. You have bills just like a person with a 9 to 5, except you live on the fact that you must get paid at your craft each month. Honestly, if you want to get paid as a rapper, I'm not saying you must quit your job today. I am saying that if you want to get paid as a rapper you have to claim the identity of a rapper or whatever it is that your heart desires.

phantom